2020 Marketing Outlook / Predictions
EFK has the good fortune of partnering with clients across multiple industry verticals. Across all of them, these are the trends we are not only actively watching, but creating:
- Brands keep getting more and more personal. Snapchat, Instagram and Facebook stories YouTube Reels, and new platforms keep popping up every couple months. All will continue to grow. Key to successful storytelling is using all available data to understand how users engage with each specific platform, then conform to that utility. Are they trend spotting on Pinterest, looking for “behind-the-scenes” snaps, or looking for new recipes on Facebook? Make sure your story fits the want.
- Just like people, brands can’t be one dimensional. After all, who you are on Saturday night might be very different than who you are on Sunday morning. Content is consumed differently by audience groups, and creative must translate across not only channels, but platforms. Brands must learn who they are and how they best exist on each channel. How you present yourself on LinkedIn, is going to vary greatly from Instagram.
- Video is unstoppable. According to the IAB 2019 Video Advertising Spend Report, digital spend on video is going to continue to increase. And advertisers will continue to spend to reach their audience. 80% of digital video viewers accept free content as a value exchange for watching advertising/ Consumers are highly attentive to ads when they are preparing for the day, learning a new skill for the office or a home project for the weekend– provide useful content at the right time to the right person and they will watch.
- How people interact with technology is changing at lightning speed; or, rather, is that how technology is interacting with people is changing at light speed?
- Voice search or commands – Alexa, Google Assistant, and Siri are changing how people use everything from TVs, audio, appliances, and even settings in cars.
- 5g rollout will allow broadband speeds everywhere – which is going to lead to a second mobile boom.
- Artificial Intelligence will fuel personalized content across devices. It has started to change the way advertising is delivered and how content is tailored to individual users.
- AR/VR – this is partially being fueled by 5g. But other advancements in AR/VR have made consumers demand more interactive content allowing for a more realistic experience.
See the trend? We do and it’s called brand storytelling—led first and foremost by video. As the Agency of Now®, EFK is expert at helping brands find their brand story and bring it to life across platforms. Call us today and start discovering your story tomorrow.